Saturday, December 31, 2016

TransGriot 2016 NFL Picks- Week 17

Image result for Texans 2016 AFC South champions
This is the last week of the 2016 NFL season, and since there was no Thursday night game, I'm taking the extra days to think long and hard about these final picks of the season for the sixteen games that will happen on New Year's Day.

Short of a disaster, I'm probably going to accomplish my goal of winning back to back NFL prognostication titles.        

Speaking of champions, my fave NFL squad despite losing JJ Watt and still having quarterback issues on offense, persevered to win their fourth AFC South Division title in six years after beating the Cincinnati Bengals (again) 12-10 thanks to former Texan kicker Randy Bullock missing a game winning field goal.

And thank you to the Jacksonville Jaguars for beating the crap out of the Tennessee Traitors 38-17 so that my Texans could have the opportunity to clinch at home.   Now they have the opportunity to do something they have never done in franchise history when they go to Nashville to play the Traitors tomorrow:  Go 6-0 in the division .  

I''m also looking to something I've never done in all my years of NFL prognostication and go through an entire season without a losing week.

Last week Mike and I tied once again  I correctly picked ,the Saints-Bucs game and he got the Bills-Dolphins one right  

So let's get this last week of picks done and see if I can do it.  16 games, teams I'm picking in bold print and home teams in CAPS.    Mike's picks can be viewed via this link.

NFL Week 16 Results                                   2016 NFL Season Results
TransGriot 10-6                                             TransGriot    160-78-2
Mike          10-6                                             Mike             152-87-2
Eli              --                                                  Eli

New Year's Day Early Games
Texans over TITANS
Ravens over BENGALS
Panthers over BUCCANEERS
STEELERS over Browns
Cowboys over EAGLES
Bills over JETS
VIKINGS over Bears
COLTS over Jaguars
Patriots over DOLPHINS

New Year's Day Afternoon Games
Chiefs over CHARGERS
Cardinals over RAMS
Raiders over BRONCOS
Giants over WASHINGTON
Seahawks over 49ERS
FALCONS over Saints

New Year's Day Night Game
Packers over LIONS

No comments: