Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Another Busy H-town Moni Day

Senator Sylvia R. Garcia
As you're reading this I'm sitting down in a meeting with Texas state senator Sylvia Garcia and her staff at her East End district office to discuss the state of Texas trans folks and specifically Texas trans people of color.

While this is some of the important business of the day, just as important to me is supporting my friends and the people I care about at their events when possible....

I'm following Dee Dee to the Sam Houston State University campus in Huntsville.   She gets the honor and pleasure of addressing SHSU's TBLGQ fall graduates at their Lavender Graduation ceremony.

The best part is I do get a short road trip out of it with her since Huntsville is about 70 miles north of Houston on I-45  and we'd been talking about doing a road trip together.

It's going  to make for a long day for me, but that's part of life as a community advocate

And I'm not complaining...

No comments: