Thursday, November 14, 2013

Meet Girl LIke Us Model Ines Rau!

Trans feminine models have been strutting catwalks, rocking magazine covers and gracing print ads since Great Britain's April Ashley did so in the early 1960s. 

Now thanks to a steamy NSFW photo shoot with Tyson Beckford another name has been added to that distinguished list of trans models in 24 year old Paris born and New York based model Ines-Loan  Rau. 

The 5' 10 beauty is of North African-Latin descent, transitioned at age 16 and was discovered by French modeling scouts.  

According to a Models.com interview, she was inspired to come out as trans after reading Caroline Tula' Cossey's book I Am Woman twice.

After reading her book [I Am Woman] at least two times I realized how important it is to assume who you are with no fears. I am twenty-four years old and have done the change very young, at 16. Until now I wasn’t really out about it. I just woke up one day realizing that it’s enough, I need to embrace who I am and be loved for what I am and what I have been through- without the fear of being rejected.

And we're glad you did, Ines.  Looking forward to meeting you someday. 

No comments: