Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Congrats Mayor Fischer

One of the things I also missed with the move from Da Ville was how the 2010 mayoral election played out there.   I was part of the C-FAIR endorsement committee for the primary elections that vetted all the mayoral candidates on the Democratic side and the two GOP ones that sought our endorsement.

I missed the fun of the fall campaigns, but was happy to see Greg Fischer, who I'd met at various liberal-progressive events in Louisville during my time there beat Republican Hal Heiner and become the city's next mayor.

Yesterday was Inauguration Day for Mayor Fischer and the Louisville metro council, so I wanted to take a moment to congratulate him and all the peeps I got to meet during my time in Da Ville who took their oaths of office yesterday.  

May you serve the citizens of Louisville and the state to the best of your abilities. May you have continued success in winning elective office while upholding liberal progressive positions and policies that benefit all citizens and not just a narrow monoethnic slice of it.

No comments: