Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Happy New Year TransGriot Readers!

Welcome to what some people consider the official start of the second decade of the 21st century, the 2K10's.   Like 90% of the population, I consider the year that ends in 0 as the start of the decade.  It's also the first New Year's I've celebrated in the hometown and the home state in a decade.     


It's also my 5th blogiversary today.    I started TransGriot with this post at 12:01 AM EST on January 1, 2006 and I'm still going  five years later.

2010 was a year of changes for me.  I started the year in Louisville and finished it back in Houston.   I left it 30 pounds lighter as well in addition to trying to get reacclimated to all of the changes that have happened in H-town since I left.     

We have city council and mayoral elections slated for later this year and reapportionment.   It  will be interesting to see not only if Annise can get reelected, but if Jenifer Rene Pool can make trans history and become the first trans person elected to a city council of a city above 250K in population  

And yes, we'll also get to check and see how well Moni did in living up to her New Year's resolutions she made last year.

So while I'm happy that I'm still standing 1.88 meters above ground without my heels,  I also realize that I can do and want to do a better job in my life in 2011 than I did last year.

Happy New Year people.   We made it, we all have work to do, so let's get busy doing it.



No comments: