Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Remembering A Sophisticated Lady

It's hard to believe that 15 years has passed since singer Phyllis Hyman committed suicide on this date a few days short of her 46th birthday.

She was one of my favorite singers in addition to me loving the fact that this strikingly beautiful sister was six feet tall without her heels.

And she could rock some hats in addition to being my fictional guardian angel in two short stories I wrote for the blog.

The Pittsburgh native had a career that spanned Broadway, did a cameo in the Spike Lee movie School Daze in addition to having hit records such as 'Betcha By Golly Wow', 'Living All Alone', 'Somewhere In My Lifetime', 'I Don't Want To Lose You' and The Answer Is You' in addition to my favorite songs by her 'Don't Wanna Change The World', 'Can't We Fall In Love Again', 'I Refuse to be Lonely', 'Meet Me On The Moon' and 'You Know How To Love Me'.








Even 15 years later, you are still loved and missed by your fans.

No comments: