Thursday, June 03, 2010

2010 Philadelphia Trans Health Conference

I'm a little bummed out right now because many of my trans brothers and transisters are gathered in Philly for the annual Philadelphia Trans Health Conference taking place this weekend at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.

One of the reasons I'm bummed is that the NBJC's Kylar Broadus is one of the keynote speakers for this year's event and have been wanting to meet this brother for some time.

Oh well, hopefully there will be another opportunity to do so.

The Philly THC tends to draw a nice sized crowd of African American transpeople thanks to it being held on the east coast.

As a matter of fact I did get some late communication form one of the organizers wanting me to attend. This person had heard about my Trans 101 presentations I do from an African American perspective and my speaking skills, but couldn't get it worked out in time for me to do so live and in person in Philadlphia.

Well, have a successful conference, and hope to see y'all next year.

No comments: