Monday, August 11, 2008

Speaking of Ignorance...

This is an example of what I was talking about in the 'My Peeps Transgender Ignorance' post

I posted this rebuttal comment to Smokie's 'The Wendy Williams Disconnect' post that I linked to as an example of the ignorance on transgender issues that is pervasive in some elements of the African-American community and the African-American blogosphere.

The ignorance level prevalent in this post is so breathtaking I don't know where to begin.

You get half your genetic material from mommy, half from daddy. Despite what some of the scientifically challenged may think, no one on this planet is '100% man' or '100% woman.'

There are also women who have the parts but can't bear children. Does that make them men too?

There are more than a few guys walking around who look like their mothers and vice versa.

Ever heard Toni Braxton sing? I also know of genetic women who have more bass in their voices than some so called men.

FYI Smokie, not all transwomen are the height of WNBA point guards. There are also transwomen that are of average height as well.

So in your wisdom, any genetic woman who is sensitive to the plight of GLBT people or gay men, or has a mix of physical or social traits that are associated with the opposite gender is automatically a 'man' herself?


And what was Smokie's reponse?

Thanks for stopping by, Dude!

You're welcome, Sir Smokie. No, thank you for brilliantly illustrating in one sentence what I was talking about in that post. That some people in the African-American community are so narrow minded and Bushian level stupid that they can't, won't or refuse to open their minds, much less even give another human being the dignity and respect that they demand for themselves.

It's kind of ironic that this commentary was inspired by a response to a Wendy Williams post. I'm not a big fan of hers since she spends too much time on her syndicated afternoon WBLS radio show obsessing over who's sleeping with transwomen, who's gay and calling female celebrities 'men' while getting painted with the same 'transgender' brush she wields on her show.

Smokie, you claim you're fly on your blog, but your actions and intellect sure don't reflect that. A fly person carries themselves with class, elegance and sophistication. They are open to learning things in which their knowledge base is insufficient and can have an intelligent conversation on many subjects.

Nice feminine gesture on the picture, too.

So what's your beef with transgender people? Go ahead, share with us since you seem to have some prescient ability that allows you to discern who's biofeminine and who's not. We call that T-dar, and usually people who have that ability are either transgender themselves or part of the rainbow family

Smokie, I hope and pray that if you have a child, that child doesn't turn out to be transgender or gay. Based on the disrespectful comments that you've previously posted on this blog and the post highlighting your own homophobia and transphobia, you'd be the type of mother that if you discovered your child was wearing your pumps and a dress, told you they were transgender and wanted to transition, would put her child on the street.

And that's keeping it real for you, dude.

14 comments:

D C Cain said...

HILARIOUS! My picture says it all.

LMAO!!

(You should read - and apply - my comment from your previous post.)

I'm starting to think you really want to be my friend!

crys said...

uh oh! let's be nice ladies :-) lol

Monica Roberts said...

Smokie,
Friendships require a level of mutual respect. I have loyal friends who have my back, love and respect me.

So why would I add someone to that mix who's shown negativity toward me?

Zoe Renee said...

Forget this clown Monica, the words respect, intellegence, and mutual are obviously foreign to her dictionary.

Go Go Jo Jo said...

ugh. I always try to remind people that hate just makes *them* look ugly.

For some reason they never listen. But they stay proving my point. See above for example.

D C Cain said...

Shemale - I love it too! I just wish that I took my blog seriously and really updated it so that I could enjoy the extra traffic. Real bloggers live for this kind of stuff! lol

But - I do enjoy having my picture up on here. I'm almost giddy from the shout out!

Eboni T-Girl said...

Personaly I am a fan of black history, and craved to be accepted by my black community. However I see that my people are the most intolerant and ignorant when it comes to trans issues. Alot of that crap comes from the barking from the pulpits within our inner cities.

I just think that it is sad, to see a people who were fighting for their rights as second class citizens, just to get those rights, and now turn their noses up at their own brothers and sisters who are in the trans movement.

Monica Roberts, sometimes I wonder if we are fighting a lost cause? I never thought that I would ever envy a white T-Girl, but I do right now. I do, becuase they have more acceptance into their community, than we do ours.

Maybe our mistake as black transwomen was to educate people who do not wish to be educated. Let us focus on educating the young black T-girls, and if the African American community wish to catch up with science and logic, then so be it. If not, I am not going to loose any sleep over the likes of "smokie" and the rest of the pulpit venom admirers.

Polar said...

I'd never heard of Smokie, so I checked out that blog. It needs a name change, maybe to Halcyon, because it seems to cause (yawn, yawn.....) an urge to hibernate.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Monica Roberts said...

Eboni t-girl
We should never stop fighting for that education and acceptance amongst our people.

Smokie and her ilk may be a lost cause because they only seflishly care about themselves until crap starts happening to them, but it's s not a lost cause to educate and bond with our brothers and sisters who do grasp the big picture view of the Sfrican-American communty.

I know that from talking to fedaral, state and local legislators in two states. I know that from doing Trans 101 education seminars with medical and business professionals, college students, and various organizations inside and ourside the African-Smerican community.

They know like we fo that seating their African-Amedrican transgender brothers and sosters at the African-American family table is the morally correct and proper thing to do.

You know, I've changed my mind. Maybe Smokie having a transgender child will be the only way she and others like her finally get the fact through their craniums that being transgender is serious business.

D C Cain said...

Look Monica - my son is not transgender, nor does he appear to be going down that road -- and if he WAS, I'd love him REGARDLESS.

#1 - I do not make a living off the blog. The blog is my personal blog and I am not trying to get money, hits, fans, or any other irreleveant bs from having a free blog - which is only one of a zillion on the net. I'm NOT a blogger.

#2 - I have gay friends and some of them even like to dress in drag. It's cool. Do your thing. 2 snaps for the kids. (This doesn't mean I am joking or taking transgender ppl as a joke -- I am just saying what I am saying in a lively way.)

#3 - I'm a motherfucking WOMAN and I have the "mama gene" which (for me) encompasses love, care, and concern, and I would NEVER put my son out on the street. Maybe you wanna-be-douchebags never had parents who loved and supported you, but I will support my son in WHATEVER he does as long as he doesn't step too far outside of the law.

#4 - The first time I made an offhanded remark on this blog I was probably PMS-ing. I know you bitches (said without malice) don't know SHIT about PMS, but from time to time it makes us women say whatever the fuck we want to say.

The only reason I've responded again is because I am sick of you trouts discussing my son and what you wish for HIS life. I hope YOU don't have any kids because there is an unspoken rule among mothers to not speak on their child. You don't have the maternal urges so you don't even realize that you crossed the line. Insult/Criticize/Ridicule ME - not my son.

P.S. I can point the finger, cuss like a sailor and all kind of other crude shit because when it's all said and done I'm a pretty ass biowoman with a natural born clit and the ability to profuckingcreate. My little cussing and raw gesturing has YET to turn off any man. It ONLY adds a little kick and fire to me. My husband loves the spark and he never hesitates to tell me how feminine I am.

Femininity doesn't come from your words or gestures alone... it's in your laugh, your approach to life, your appreciation at being protected by your man, your ability to bear children, the way you smile, the way you walk, the way you express yourself, the way you surrender, the way you fight, and all the extra undefined nuances that make a WOMAN a WOMAN. Your hair, make-up, and crossing your legs in public does NOT = feminine.

And hey, you have won me over -- you ARE a woman b/c no man would go back and forth with a lady like this.

Eboni T-Girl said...

testing 123

Eboni T-Girl said...

I know Monica I am about to eat my words, but I have to school the ignorant among our community.

This is for you SMOKIE

Lesson #1- So Smokie what do we call biowomen who do not have the ability to "PROFCYINGCREATE" as you call it. You know the ones who have to go to a fertility clinic? I quess according to you, that they are in search of their womanhood huh? Are they real women?

Lesson #2- Smokie now that we are on the subject, what do we call women who can not carry a child? SO much for the serogate mother approach huh? Are these women real women according to you?

Lesson #3- You speak of maternal instinct, I call it paternal instinct. Since when did gender determine the things that you listed as if only MOTHERS CAN HAVE????? tHE LAST i CHECKED GAY PARENTS ARE ADOPTING KIDS THAT biowoemn CHOOSE to throw away. So much for you maternal mockery of trans women.

Lesson #4- As far as you gay friends are concerened, they are no threat to your womanhood, that is why many biowomen have them around. Don't you think that if it was just the low risk factor of sexuality, then why don't biowomen have as many trans friends???? Hmmmmmm....we have more in common with you than a gay boy does.....duh

Lesson #5- You claim that becuase you were born with biowoman genitalia it makes you a woman???? Well how ironic, becuase wasn't it you same biowomen that tell our biobrothers, "JUST BECUASE YOU MAKE A BABY DOES NOT MAKE YOU A MAN"........huh....huh.....huh???? I quess you forgot that huh sis? What goes for biomen do not go for biowomen huh?........the flamming irony......LOL

Lesson #6- For those of us(SMOKIE)who are not educated in endocrinology......hormones are hormones, whether your body produces them, or you pick them up from a CVS counter. You biowomen are not the only ones with a monthly cycle. However we do not ruin our bedsheets in the process. That is the only difference sweetie.

Ever wonder why so many bio black men are on the down low? Well maybe if you take care of your bodies and stay in shape. And then you can not blame the biomen for not wanting to hear that same old tired song........."my son that I put through college 10 years ago and graduated with his MBA, is still responsible for those 60 pounds you could never get off.

Look Smokie, just becuase your man thinks that your fould mouth is sexy, and just becuase his love life has been STIMULATED by your middle finger, does not suggest that you are a woman either girlfriend!!!!!

Jackie said...

Smokie,
You do not have to explain to Monica about what femininity is. She knows better than you do.

seitzk said...

Ms. Roberts,

You're brave to confront this kind of BS. I cannot believe that this woman acts like her hate speech has no consequences, like transwomen do not experience a hugely greater risk of violence exacerbated by EXACTLY HER KIND OF ATTITUDE. The fact that she has a public forum in which to voice it makes it that much worse and demonstrates to others that it's ok.

Stay strong - I admire you more than I can say!