Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Moni's 2012 NCAA Men's B-Ball Bracket

It was fun watching the NCAA Final Four transpire in my beloved hometown last year, and FYI, the 2016 NCAA Men's Final Four will be back at Reliant Stadium.  

But like 'errbody' else's NCAA March Madness brackets last season, thanks to all the upsets my 2011 brackets were a convoluted mess by the time the last four teams arrived in Houston   VCU upset my championship pick Kansas, who was knocked out by eventual runner up Butler in the national semifinal game. 

I've had better years since I started posting my NCAA men's tournament brackets on the blog in 2007.  Here are my picks for 2008, 2009 and 2010 on the men's side   

So for the fifth straight year, it's time for me to post my NCAA b-ball brackets on the men's tourney side.  With the First Four games of the 2012 tournament tipping off in a few hours, I will attempt to redeem myself for last year's disastrous showing and see if I can not only pick the eventual NCAA champion, but see if I can accurately pick which four teams will end up in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.  

So let's get busy.  

First Four Games
Western Kentucky, Lamar, Iona, California


East Regional

Second Round
Syracuse, Kansas State, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin, Cincinnati, Florida State, Gonzaga, Ohio State

Third Round
Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Florida State, Ohio State,

Elite Eight
Syracuse, Ohio State

East Region Champion
Syracuse

South Regional

Second Round
Kentucky, Connecticut, Virginia Commonwealth, Indiana, Colorado, Baylor, Notre Dame, Duke

Third Round
Kentucky, Indiana, Baylor, Duke

Elite Eight
Kentucky, Duke

South Region Champion
Kentucky


Midwest Regional

Second Round
North Carolina, Creighton, Temple, Michigan, North Carolina State, Georgetown, Saint Mary's, Kansas

Third Round
North Carolina, Michigan, Georgetown, Kansas

Elite Eight
North Carolina, Kansas

Midwest Region Champion
North Carolina


West Regional

Second Round
Michigan State, Memphis, New Mexico, Louisville, Murray State, Marquette, Virginia,. Missouri

Third Round
Michigan State, Louisville, Murray State, Missouri

Elite Eight
Michigan State, Missouri

West Regional Champions
Missouri

Final Four Teams
Syracuse, Kentucky, North Carolina, Missouri



Championship Game
North Carolina, Kentucky

2012 NCAA Champion
Kentucky

No comments: