Tuesday, September 02, 2008

September 2008 Villager's Black Blog Rankings


Hotep!
It's that time of the month that all of us in the Black blogosphere breathlessly await. It's time to head on over to the Electronic Village and check out this month's edition of the Black Blog Rankings.

The Villager got to rank 1407 Black blogs this month, up 78 blogs from the 1329 ranked in August.

The BBR's are now celebrating their second anniversary this month and from the initial 75 blogs, this FUBU production has exponentially grown. If you are an African-American blogger and wish to be part of this, just drop the Villager a line so he can include you in next month's rankings.

Speaking of growth, I set some goals that I gave myself until January 1, 2009 (TransGriot's 3rd anniversary) to reach. I wanted to be in the BBR Top 50 blogs and be at a Technorati ranking of 150.

So how did I do? In August I'd just achieved a goal of cracking the BBR Top 100 blogs and was at Number 92 with a 113 Technorati ranking.

When this month's BBR rankings were compiled on September 1, TransGriot was at Number 67 with a 133 Technorati ranking.

So I jumped another 25 spots to put me in striking distance of the Top 50 and added 20 points to my Technorati ranking. Shoot, as fast as this blog is growing I will probably have to set a new goal in October of cracking the Top 25 BBR ranked blogs.

But I couldn't do this without you, my loyal readers. I thank you for taking the time out of your busy day (or night) to read what I post here. Please know that I deeply appreciate it.

I'm also grateful and humbled to note that some of my fellow bloggers are starting to ask me to write guest posts as well on various topics, so you'll probably in the near future start to see my writing in places other than TransGriot or The Bilerico Project.

We'll see where TransGriot ends up next month. With a historic presidential campaign to blog about, I think I can come up with some interesting things to talk about and keep you peeps happy between now and October 1.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Monica! That's quite an accomplishment!

Monica Roberts said...

Thanks for the love, Bil. It's been a lot of work to get to this point.

Wish I could have gone to Denver with you.