Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Moni's In New York Again...

For the first time since 2012 when I was here to do the GLAAD POC Media training.

This is the first time I've ever been to New York close to Christmas even though I flew up here multiple times to hand out with friends during my Air Marshal days.   I just never attempted a trip close to Christmas because of weather concerns and fear of getting bumped.

The reason I'm here in the Big Apple is not to peruse the Christmas decorations, flip the finger at Trump Tower or do some laps around the Rockefeller Center ice rink (yes people, I can ice skate), but for an Arcus Foundation trans media event along with other trans media peeps from around the country.

The Club Quarters hotel I'm staying at is on W. 51st Street in Rockefeller Center, and I'm loving the fact it has complementary wifi in my 26th floor room.

Thanks to Stacey Langley for grabbing me at LGA and taking me for a Texas style meal at Hill Country BBQ.

I also didn't know that while I was breaking bread and  having a pleasant time catching up with Stacey, I'd be here when a major news story was breaking out in terms of a grand jury not indicting the cop involved in the Eric Garner murder which has jumped off protests that are blocking the West Side Highway

Too bad I'm only going to be in it until Friday morning, then I have to bounce back to a much warmer and less volatile for now H-town.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few hours, but I need to get my behind in bed..

No comments: