Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy New Year 2016!

Happy 2016 TransGriot readers!  I'm so glad to see 2015 in the rear view mirror because it was an up and down year for a lot of people, including myself.

Now that the date on the calendar and all our electronic devices says January 1, what am I looking forward to besides the Rio Olympics?

One thing I'm looking forward to is spending some quality time with some of the peeps I know in the community at various events here, in Texas and around the country.  

I hope to finally get to meet some people in 2016 I've been corresponding with on Facebook like Lauren Foster and Caroline Cossey.

I hope to see progress on trans human rights issues, and most importantly,on November 8 I hope to witness the Democratic nominee, whoever he or she is, get elected as the 46th president of the United States to replace one of the best in my lifetime in President Barack Obama.

And the two things I hope to see in 2016 is a sharp decrease in the number of blog posts I have to write about my trans sisters being murdered and a sharp increase in the number of trans positive posts I get to write over the next 366 days.

No comments: