Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm Going To Denver!


To be precise, I'm going to Boulder, CO and the University of Colorado campus.

This has been an interesting year for me so far, and this morning I received an early birthday present. (BTW, TransGriot readers, my birthday is Sunday)

I received word from the wonderful folks who put on the TRANSforming Gender conference on the CU Boulder campus that yours truly has not only been invited to participate in the 2008 edition of this conference, I'll be the keynote speaker!

The speakers at the two previous conferences CU's GLBT Resource Center and other campus organizations host have included people such as my 2006 Trinity classmate Gordene MacKenzie, Pauline Park, Andrea James, Calpernia Addams, Thea Hillman, Jamison Green, Dean Spade, Anderson Toone, Diane Tor, Avy Skolnick, Helen Boyd, Julia Serano, Matt Kailey and Dylan Scholinski.

The third annual edition of this event will be taking place October 17-19, and as I get more details about it I'll be passing that info on to you. It'll give you peeps who live in the Denver metro area who wish to attend an opportunity to meet the TransGriot. It's been twenty years since I spent July 1988 in the Denver area taking a training class when I worked for CAL, and now it looks like thanks to the Project and CU I'll be back twice in the span of a few weeks.

I'm really excited to be participating in this conference and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you on the CU Boulder campus in October.

4 comments:

Polar said...

Rocky Mountain High-Five!

(apologies to the late John Denver)

Unknown said...

I love your work, Monica! I'm sure you'll be pure awesome at the conference, and I wish I could be there, but this stereotypically broke trans college student (boy, that's like being doubly broke, ain't it?) has to save up.

I'll be cheering you from Georgia!

Monica Roberts said...

Cass,
As usual I'll post my speech and give y'all the 411 about what trnspired there.

This time I'll pack a camera with me as well ;)

Monica Roberts said...

Polar,
I can see why John Denver loved Colorado so much. I was in Denver for a month back in July 1988 and had a blast.

When I was debating where to relocate in 2001 Denver was one of my finalists.