Thursday, January 02, 2020

I'm Getting The Susan J Hyde Award At CC20!

Image result for creating change dallas 2020
When Creating Change kicks off in Dallas, I'll be getting another award for my 22 years of activity in the TBLGQ movement.

I'm being honored with the Susan J. Hyde Award for Longevity in the movement during the opening plenary on January 16.

I'm not the first Black trans person to receive this award.   Kylar Broadus received it during the 2011 Creating Change event held in Minneapolis.  It's nice that I'm following someone in receiving this award that I have much love and respect for. 

Image may contain: 2 people, including Monica Roberts, people smiling, text

I'm looking forward to that when it happens, and it also means I'll have a speech to deliver as well

For those of you planning to attend, see y'all in two weeks.

 

No comments: