Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Moni's In The Middle Of Comic-Con!

Image result for TransGriot Comic Con
Well people, as I feared, my Spirit flight left late from IAH, and the Air Marshal ended up touching down in San Diego 45 minutes before the gratis hotel shuttle stopped running.  

And that was before I got misgendered twice when I called the Hilton San Diego Airport Harbor Island front desk and they couldn't find my name in the reservation system.  

He better be glad I was too tired and frustrated after a day that started for me at 7 AM Houston time moving to a new place and belongings in my storage space to cuss his azz out.:

I'm finally in my hotel room and ready to go to sleep so I can be on my A game in the AM and get adjusted to Pacific time as quickly as possible.

This is also the first trip I've done to the Left Coast since I flew into San Francisco last September to attend the GLAAD Gala San Francisco.

Image result for Comic Con San Diego Convention CenterThis time I'm in southern California to be at Comic Con, soak up all the ambiance of this giant convention and participate in a Comic Con panel.  

I'm also determined not to think about Lone Star State politics for a few days.

That panel will happen at 5 PM PDT today and it's entitled Moonlight and Magic, Black LGBT Contributions to Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comics and Genre. moderated by Faith Cheltenham.

My fellow panelist are Viktor Kerney, Ajuan Mance, Sean Maker, William O Tyler, and Eliot Sutler.  While I've known Viktor for years going back to the 2012 Netroots Nation in Providence, everyone else I'll be meeting for the first time.

In a few hours I'll need to get up, head to the San Diego Convention Center and pop into that long line to pick up my badge.  

And nope, didn't do a costume.   This time.,

No comments: