Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Leaving On A Jet Plane - To San Diego

Hilton San Diego Airport/harbor Island, Ca Hotel - Hotel And Harbor Area
Back when I was traveling to Tucson for their TDOR last year, my flight there went to San Diego and flew over Tucson along the way.   I got to spend two hours in the San Diego airport on a gorgeous fall day checking out the view of the airport area and saying that I'd love to come back and visit,

Well, guess I spoke that trip to San Diego into existence, and it couldn't have come at a better time for me.

After a trying few days that found me at Defcon 1 levels of stress bumping up against a July 15 deadline to move from my current place, find a storage spot, a new place to live with the date for the Texas Special Oppression Session also approaching along with my 9:18 PM departure from my old IAH airport stomping grounds, let's just say that I needed a trip out of Houston even if it is booked on (yuck) Spirit Airlines.

Image result
I'm not happy about that because you have to pay for everything on Spirit including carry on bags, drinks and snacks, the seats don't recline, and you don't have WiFi.

The only redeeming features of this upcoming flight on Spirit is that they have new Airbus planes, I got TSA Pre on the San Diego bound leg and both legs are nonstop to and from IAH's Terminal A.

And I get to go to Comic Con!  

The other cool thing I get to do is that I finally get to meet another of my trans elders in Tracie Jada O'Brien, and on top of that I get to San Diego in time for her birthday on the 22nd.

So happy early birthday Mama Tracie!   Looking forward to finally meeting and spending a little quality time with you .

I'm also looking forward to not thinking about Texas politics for a few days either and enjoying my first trip to San Diego.

No comments: