Monday, February 02, 2015

Moni's Take On The Bruce Jenner Situation

Bruce Jenner Is 'Transitioning into a Woman' Source Confirms to PEOPLEBeen seeing increasing chatter about whether Olympian Bruce Jenner is about to transition, and I've been getting asked questions about it.

Here's my take on it.

I'm going to treat this like the Lana Wachowski situation a few years ago, which was similar to this one in terms of a public personality facing rampant unconfirmed rumors that they may be about to or have started a gender transition..

This reminds me of 2003, when there were rampant rumors coming from the West Coast that Lana was about to come out as trans.

Despite photos at various events of her en femme, reports of divorce proceedings, a Rolling Stone article, medical procedures, et cetera , it still took a few years before Lana finally announced she was part of Team Trans in 2012.

My rule has been in these situations that if a person hasn't declared they are trans, I consider them cisgender. until that declaration happens.

Until Bruce has that press conference, rumors about a Jenner transition are just that, rumors.

No comments: