Friday, June 06, 2008

Countdown To Transgender History


It's almost hard to believe that a little over twelve hours from now I'll be taking a stage in Northampton, MA to speak at the first NE Trans March and Pride Rally.

As you can guess, I'm thrilled to be a part of this historic event. It seemed like the last few hours at work just dragged in anticipation of my days off to get here.

I've been feverishly running copies of my speech, making sure the cell phones charged up, I have the necessary phone contact numbers on me and the correct flight information. I have a disposable camera already packed in the bag to help me record history in the making.

I wanted to get a good night's sleep prior to starting what was going to be a busy Friday morning and mid afternoon with all these last minute tasks I needed to accomplish before leaving. But that died when I had to come into work for a few hours this morning. Oh well, I won't be griping next week when I get the check with those extra OT hours on it.

And I can always crash on the flight. I'll need it since I won't get into BDL until after midnight and still have to go to Springfield, MA and Louis' house after I arrive.

But I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted with a few friends, seeing Miss Major and meeting some new ones. I may even try to squeeze in a few interviews for some future TransGriot posts.

Once again, I deeply appreciate the NE Trans Pride Committee extending me this wonderful opportunity to participate in their inaugural Trans Pride March.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cameron Partridge said...

I hope it went great today, Monica! I'm really sorry I couldn't be there.

Monica Roberts said...

Cameron,
It did. The rain even held off for us until it wa over.