Wednesday, April 10, 2019

I'm Getting An Award At The JRR Luncheon!

Image may contain: Monica Roberts, smiling, text
I've never been to the annual Johnson Rayburn Richards event that Harris County Democratic Party conducts.\  It's one of their biggest fundraisers, and one of the biggest for any of the Democratic Party organizations in the Lone Star State.

But this year I'll be attending it for the first time, and a I have pretty good reason for doing so.

I've known about it for a week now, but was asked to keep it quiet until the official announcement could be made.by the HCDP.

I'll be receiving the Barbara Jordan Breaking Barriers Award at this year's JRR luncheon!

Image result for barbara jordan
As a native Houstonian who was a witness to the remarkable trailblazing political career of this legendary H-town Democrat, it is a high horor to receive an award named for her.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text
That also means I'll be writing a speech for the occasion, and so looking forward to being there on May 24 to deliver it and receive the award along with my fellow JRR Award honorees Yolanda Black Navarro and Ai-jen Poo for it.

No comments: