Saturday, November 17, 2018

Moni's Marvelous Milwaukee Weekend

Image result for aloft milwaukee
Got my 'I've arrived' phone call done to my mom last night after I arrived, and I'm in the state of Wisconsin and in my nice hotel room overlooking the Milwaukee River at the A Loft Milwaukee Downtown.    I'm also a mere two blocks from the new arena here.

The best part is I'm still in the Central time zone, so no jet lag issues. .

I'm chilling in Wisconsin's largest city, and woke up to snow on the ground to start my busy weekend that melted as the day wore on.    I was also on deadline for my OutSmart column and had to finish that column up

As for the weather, the last two days in Houston already prepped me for it since on Tuesday and Wednesday we were in the mid to low 30's temp wise.

Image result for Kopp's Frozen Custard
Since I love to when I travel check out the local restaurants and food I can't get in Texas, Ian's Pizza is definitely on my foodie radar, along with Kopp's Frozen Custard.  Also looking forward to exploring the area near the hotel.


Image may contain: 13 people, including Michael Munson, people smiling, people sitting
I spent part of today at the Milwaukee LGBT Center being this month's featured speaker as part of  their ongoing Stonewall Stage Talk Series.    I got a chance to do what I love and talk about trans history, current political developments, and what got me into my now 20 years of activism .

As soon as the link comes up for that talk, I'll post it.

Tomorrow is the more serious part of why I came here.  I'm the featured speaker for their TDOR that will take place at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee at 7 PM

Hope those of you in the Milwaukee area will check it out.

No comments: