Friday, November 15, 2019

Chilling On Forty Acres

Image result for at&t conference center hotel austin texas
After a three and half hour nonstop flight on the United  'Nerd Bird' from San Francisco to Austin, I'm back in the Lone Star State to participate in tomorrow night's Equality Texas 30th Anniversary gala.

It's also nice to do an Austin trip that doesn't involve me going to our state capitol building or spending an entire day there.
Image result for austin rush hour traffic
Austin still needs to do something about their horrid traffic, like expand their light rail system (hint hint).  Took me nearly two hours to get from ABIA to my hotel on the UT campus.

Nope, that not a typo.   I'm staying at the AT&T Conference Hotel that is on the University of Texas campus near the iconic UT Texas Tower.   My room has a view of Lavaca Street, not that I'll be in it much.

Image result for equality texas 30th anniversary logo
And even better, I have a 7 Eleven two blocks away from me, so Slurpees will be demolished while I'm inside Travis County.

Hope i get to see some of my ATX fam while I'm here, and see y'all at the gala tomorrow night.


No comments: