Thursday, October 09, 2008

Stop Hatin' On Tyra

Y'all know how much I love Tyra Banks. She was one of my role models when I was trying to sort out what type of sistah I wanted to project to the world. Watching her proudly strut the runways in trailblazing fashion back during the 90's also helped me get over my height hangup when I first began my transition.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of haters on The Net posting their snide comments toward my girl. I also noted that one of the main cheerleaders of the 'Hate on Tyra' crowd is none other than Janice Dickinson's silicone enhanced behind.

While you peeps keep swigging Hateraid from 55 gallon drums, peep the SECOND Emmy award she just picked up for The Tyra Banks Show in the 'Best Talk Show' category.



She's made it clear that she is a supporter of the transgender community, she's a proud African-American woman and outside of my mother, sister and various other women in my family she's an excellent person to emulate.

I also love the fact that the more people keep sleeping on this sistah, dissing her, underestimating her intelligence and drive, the higher she rises.

So y'all keep on hatin'. The Inglewood girl is surviving, thriving and well on her way to becoming the 21st century Oprah Winfrey.

3 comments:

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

I feel you, at first I kinda doubted her when Oprah first took her under wing and they were calling her the next Oprah.

However she is doing it BIG and I LOVE every minute of it. Being a tall girl myself I always root for the we Glamazons!! *lol*

Don't even get me started on BOTOX Barbie I mean Janice. *eye roll*

-OG

Monica Roberts said...

Hey OG, Botox Barbie is what I call Cindy McCain :)

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Ok well I guess Janice can be one of Barbies friends she has, too bad I can't remember not one of their names. *lol*