Sunday, April 10, 2016

I'm Exactly What God Wanted Me To Be

I find it humorous and aggravating at times when the GOP trans oppressors try to invoke Conservagod in their pathetic and misguided attempts to legislate hate and bigotry toward toward trans people.

I had a wonderful time yesterday speaking in front of a crowd at the Houston Trans Visibility Gathering at Hermann Park.  The trans kids and parents giving me props for being that fierce human rights warrior was a nice reminder of why we are fighting tooth and nail to make things for our trans kids better.

But since it's Sunday, I want to point out that trans people are part of the diverse mosaic of human life. We are God's children just like you right wing peeps blasphemously hiding behind the Bible claim you are, and will not tolerate your faux faith based attacks on our humanity. .

Trans people exist.  We are not 'rebelling against God' in the latest lie you tell your conservafool leaning sheeple, er congregations, we are joyfully living our lives.

We are living those lives exactly as God wanted us, and too bad if you don't like it.  Our trans lives are not up for theological debate or discussion. and we trans peeps are going to fiercely push back when you try to go there.

Far from being unhappy, the moment I transitioned 22 years ago last week, my life improved dramatically. I've been able to take part of some amazing events around the country inside and outside the trans community and while there, talk about the issues that impact us intersectionally.

I have been blessed with a media platform in which I get to express myself on a regular basis about whatever issues I can to discuss and thousands of people here and around the world read.

While I've had some challenges along the way getting acclimated to life in my trans feminine body, there are also amazing people I've met along the way I'm blessed to call my friends.   Could life be better?  Damn skippy it could, and it would be if you conservafools would stop gleefully oppressing us.

There are also people I get to talk to on a regular basis I probably wouldn't have met or had the opportunity to meet and get to know had I not become the person God wanted me to be and unblocked the blessings that have come into my life as a result.

But those are just my observations as part of the 22 years I've spent in our community..  If you interviewed other trans folks around the country and the world, I'd be willing to wager that the majority of the people you would talk to would also be for the most part satisfied with being our trans selves.

I'm exactly who and what God wanted me to be, and I'm looking forward to seeing what things are in store for me as I live my life as an unapologetic Texas Black trans woman.

No comments: