Tuesday, January 31, 2017

TransGriot Nominated Again For A 2017 Outstanding Blog GLAAD Media Award!

Image result for glaad media awards
Wasn't expecting it, but was surprised and pleased to find out that TransGriot has been nominated for a 2017 GLAAD Media Award in the Outstanding Blog category

Time to do a little popping of my collar.  It's the second time TransGriot has been nominated for ta GLAAD Outstanding Blog award, with my first nomination for it being back in 2014.

In case you're wondering, the other blogs nominated in this category besides TransGriot are Alvin McEwen's Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters, I'm Still Josh, Mombian, and My Fabulous Disease

Congratulations to all the nominees in this category.  I've gotten to meet many of the nominees at various TBLGQ  community events over the years like the upcoming LGBT Media Convening in Orlando.   We bloggers are committed to doing the research and hard work to ensure that you readers have quality, informative blogs for you to peruse, enjoy, and get you to think about issues that affect our community and the world.

 During the recent Creating Change in Philadelphia, I ran into one #CC17 attendee who told me she's been reading my blog since she was 11 years old, and ran into others who have thanked me for doing what I do to keep you informed not only about my trans community, but the world at large.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing
The GLAAD Media Awards will be held in two separate ceremonies. One is taking place on April 1 in Los Angeles at the Beverly Hilton and the other in New York on May 6 at the New York Hilton Midtown

We'll see it this is the year I finally get that elusive for me Outstanding Blog award and make a little history at the same time.

No comments: