Wednesday, September 14, 2016

TransGriot Post Number 10,000!

This is TransGriot post number 10,000 you are reading.

Took a lot of writing, ten years, a lot of sweat equity, 6.4 million readers and hundreds of thousands of words to get to this milestone point in TransGriot's life.

It also takes the writing skills to ensure you loyal readers not only stay here for a while, but share these posts and recommend them to the people in your influence circles.

I thank you for doing that.  I also thank those of you who hit the TransGriot Tip Jar and drop some cash from time to time to help support the blog.   Some of you have even donated computers to help me keep telling it like it T-I-S is about our trans lives, speak truth to power and back up my words with activist deeds..

It's also apropos I'm hitting this milestone not only during the tenth anniversary year of this blog, but not long after I was just honored by GLAAD for the decade of sustained blogging excellence and the use of this platform I've been blessed with to move the needle toward trans acceptance one blogpost at a time.

It's also been a joy to fulfill the mission of this blog:

The TransGriot blog's mission is to become the griot of our community. I will introduce you to and talk about your African descended trans brothers and trans sisters across the Diaspora, reclaim and document our chocolate flavored trans history, speak truth to power, comment on the things that impact our trans community from an Afrocentric perspective and enlighten you about the general things that go on around me and in the communities that I am a member of.

It has also brought me some unexpected blessings in terms of getting to go to conferences, attend several White House events, give speeches, do panel discussions and meet and call my friends some amazing people in our community.



And it all started because Jordana would stop pushing me in the fall of 2005 to start TransGriot.  I'm now 10,000 posts into it later, and I'm considered one of the best trans bloggers out there with the awards and respect of my peers to back it up.

So it's on to the next milestone.   15,000 posts coming up.


No comments: