Sunday, November 08, 2015

Thanks, Everyone For The Love

It has been a tough few days since my hometown shockingly voted to swallow the lies of the opposition about trans people and stupidly throw a human rights law under the bus that also covered them.

Not gonna lie, I was pissed off about that for a few days, but as the sun came up in the east and set in the west, it got better.

Much of the reason it got better was because many of you here in Houston, Texas, around the nation and the world called me, e-mailed me or sent much needed messages of encouragement.

I wanted to take the time to thank all of you who took the time out of your busy day to do so.  It was deeply appreciated .

To paraphrase a line from Star Trek, resistance to transphobia is not futile.   All the haters did was make me more determined along with human rights loving people here in my hometown to fight harder to make a comprehensive human rights law a priority.    

No comments: