Saturday, March 29, 2014

In The 2014 BTAC Homestretch


I'm planning on being on the other end of I-45 April 29-May for the the third annual Black Trans Advocacy Conference which is shaping up to be even bigger than last years event at the Doubletree Campbell Center 

As many of you TransGriot readers are aware I had the honor of giving last year's keynote address along with Kylar Broadus, and this year that dual honor will go to Dr. Kortney Ryan Ziegler and Cheryl Courtney-Evans. 

The next night after the speech I along with Kylar Broadus, Dr. Kortney Ryan Ziegler and Minister Louis Mitchell were honored with awards that were named after us.   Another one was started this year, the Lawrence T. Richardson Humanitarian Award named for the Minnesota based pastor.  

With the dates for the 2014 of BTAC rapidly approaching, the nominations have already gone out for the BTAC Advocacy awards that will be given out during the May 2 Black Diamond Ball.   Of course I'm interested in seeing who will be this year's recipients of the Monica Roberts Advocacy Award.

And yeah I'll be doing a BTAC panel discussion or two. 


See you in Dallas next month. 

No comments: