Monday, November 18, 2013

Moni's Busy TDOR 2013 Week

The 15th annual observance of the Transgender Day of Remembrance officially happens on November 20, but the trend over the last few years has been to build informational programs around the observance of the day especially if that date doesn't fall on a weekend. 

With the official TDOR date falling on Wednesday this year, that has been the case with many locales having events starting last week and continuing through this Sunday.

Because of my status in Trans World, I do get the honor and privilege of being invited from time to time to take part in a wide variety of TDOR events including keynote speeches.  

The arrival of TDOR 2013 means as usual I'm going to be a little busy during this runup to November 20.  

I have a TDOR themed article I'm writing that's due Tuesday.  I woke up this morning to do a radio interview on Canadian radio station CHRW 94.9 FM that I'll post to the blog when it's available.  There's a local TDOR event in Houston I'm participating in near the TSU campus that starts at 7 PM on Wednesday, then I  get up early to travel to San Antonio for a TDOR event in San Antonio I'm speaking at Thursday evening . 

So if I'm going to see The Best Man Holiday this week, better be an early morning matinee.

No comments: