Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy Anniversary Of Your 49th Birthday Miss Major!

Today is the birthday of one of our iconic history making trans women in Miss Major Griffin-Gracy.

When I had my most recent conversation with her last Monday she told me that she was feeling under the weather when I was in Oakland and apologized for not be able to see me while I was there.

Apologize?  I'm the one that needs to be apologizing to Miss Major for not carving out some quality time with her while I was in Oakland. 
 

PictureI was disappointed I didn't get a chance to see her while I was out on the Left Coast for Trans* H4CK and had I known she was ill, I would have redoubled my efforts to do so. 

Anyway, our iconic trans woman and Stonewall Vet is celebrating another anniversary of her 49th birthday, and I couldn't be happier.she's still around to tell her story.

We also get the blessings of her passing down her wisdom to me and all of us fortunate enough to bask in her majestic presence.  I'm looking forward to seeing the MAJOR! documentary when it's finally done.

Happy birthday Miss Major!  And hopefully the next time I'm in the area I'll get to ride in that Lincoln of yours.

No comments: