Monday, July 01, 2013

Back Home Again From Denver

http://www.aaroads.com/west/colorado025/i-025_sb_exit_213_05.jpgI'm back home after a 2200 mile roadtrip across Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado to Denver for a family reunion. 

My share of the driving included segments on Wednesday from Fairfield, TX through Dallas and Oklahoma City to Perry, OK and Burlington, CO to Denver.  On the Sunday return trip I drove from Flagler, CO to Colby, KS, Guthrie, OK through OKC to the Texas state line and from Huntsville, TX back to H-town,

We left Denver after leaving the Mile High City at 2 PM MDT Sunday.

Thanks to all of you who left me well wishes and prayers for safe travels on my Facebook page before and during the trip.  We couldn't have asked for better weather for the drive to and from Denver. 

I did unfortunately miss making connections with some of the Denver area trans fam and was a little bummed about that.   Me and my family missed by ten minutes getting soaked in that monsoon that hit Denver Friday night.  

We had a family dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in Tabor Center.  After it concluded we battled the traffic leaving Coors Field for the Rockies-Giants game back to our hotel on I-25 and Park Ave.West

No more than ten minutes after we exited the van and walked into our rooms to settle in for the night did the skies open up and let loose with a soaking rain that the Denver area needed and dropped the temps from the high 90's to the low 80's.

Will talk about the trip later.   Need to get some sleep, then catch up on all the news I missed because I treated this reunion like a vacation and decided to unplug from the Net. 


TransGriot Note:  Photos courtesy of AARoads.com


.

No comments: