Saturday, July 20, 2013

5th Annual Texas Transgender Non Discrimination Summit Day 2

photo of the Classroom and Business Building
Still not too late to join us at the brand new Classroom and Business Building on the University of Houston campus for the 5th annual Texas Transgender Nondiscrimination Summit.

Onsite registration in the CBB starts at 8:30 AM with today's TTNS seminars and activities commencing at  9 AM CDT.   

If you didn't go yesterday, you missed some wonderful seminars including my own seminar on Contemporary Texas Trans History. 

It's the first time I've ever done one at the TTNS and I enjoyed discussing the events, heroes and sheroes since 1975 that have shaped not only the Houston and Texas trans communities, but the national and in some respects international ones.

And yeah, you missed our traditional TTNS chocolate break, too.

It was fun for me to be teaching a seminar for a change instead of being in my usual position at his even of just being a reporter, although I will sit down and compile a report as I always do reviewing this year's 2013 TTNS, keynote speakers and highlights from some of the seminars I was able to attend.

So I'll be busy getting my learn on today instead of being in the interesting position of teaching a seminar.  Enjoyed it so much already thinking about doing another one next year.

Hope the people who attended it enjoyed it as much a I did, and hope you'll bounce over to UH and the Calhoun street side of the campus to participate in Day 2 of the Texas Transgender Non Discrimination Summit.


No comments: