Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Happy Thanksgiving TransGriot readers!   My Canadian readers back in October got their grub on, and now it's time for me and my TransGriot readers in the States to do the same thing. 

We liberal progressives (and the trans community) are already giving thanks (along with the rest of the planet) to the fact we will have President Barack Obama leading our nation until 2017. 

Say a prayer for the trans folks in our community who are estranged from their family.   To you transpeople in that situation, make lemonade out of that lemon situation.  Find the people that love and unconditionally care about you,  make them your chosen family and start your own holiday traditions until your blood family come to their senses.

While I've had an up and down year personally, I do have a lot to be thankful for including having a roof over my head, friends and family in my life, being relatively healthy, making it to my 50th birthday a few months ago and several invitations to enjoy Thanksgiving hospitality.

I'm planning on taking the day off from blogging, getting my grub on, watching my Texans play the Detroit Lions in the AM NFL Turkey Day game and hatin' on the Cowchips in the midday one.

Hey, I'm a Houstonian.  We live for watching Dallas teams lose. 

If something moves me to write, you may see a post today besides my weekly NFL picks one.  Otherwise it's back to the normal posting schedule Friday including what turkeys I'm going to carve up for my Shut Up Fool weekly awards.  .

And naw, I'm not going anywhere near a mall or strip shopping center tomorrow.

No comments: