Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Miss Major!


This is a post I'm so happy to write because at times she's had a challenging year.  

One of the highlights of my trip to Charlotte besides the honor of giving that keynote speech at this year's TransFaith In Color conference was having Miss Major sitting by my side before I got up from the table to deliver it and being able to spend some quality time with her.

Today is Miss Major's 70th birthday and I wanted to take some time to wish one of our iconic sheroes and trailblazers a very happy one.  

I and the transwomen of my generation and beyond thank you for being out there fighting for our human rights, being a tell it like it T-I-S is advocate for us and representing us with class and dignity all these years while doing so.  

Thank you for the quality time and wisdom you share with me every time we are blessed to get to spend some time together in the same locale, some of the community history that you enlightened me with during those times, and giving me the strength to be an out and proud as a African descended transwoman.   Hopefully I and others will continue to blessed with the opportunity to bask in your presence and wisdom as one of our trans elders and icons

May your birthday be full of love and blessings and you get to enlighten us with your wisdom for years to come.


Love you, and Happy Birthday Miss Major!     May you have many more to come.

No comments: