Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Yep, It's Black History Month

February not only ushers in Valentine's Day on the 14th but is also the start of Black History Month.   We get an extra day to celebrate it on the 29th thanks to 2012 being a leap year.

As you longtime TransGriot readers know, every month on this blog is Black History Month.

As the child and godchild of historians I'm always on the lookout for nuggets of Black history that African-American transpeople past and present have made.   

It's also one of the missions of this blog to post it here and kick that knowledge to you. 

Moni's also going to do her part to talk about it live and in person when I journey to the University of Arizona on February 28. I was also asked by GLAAD to write a post they will publish on their blog concerning Black trans icons and Black trans history which I'll crosspost here when it finally goes up.

I might have something cooking locally Black history related in H-town as well and if it comes to pass I'll let y'all know.  

And yes, I'm gonna hit y'all with my second annual TransGriot Black Trans History quiz sometime this month. 

And a hint to the wise, some of the answers to that Black Trans History quiz can be found in TransGriot. 

So get ready to get your learn on about my people for the next 29 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya very cool website!! Guy .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds alsoกKI'm glad to seek out so many useful info right here in the post, we need work out more techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
Ravelli Professional Carbon Fiber 3 Axis Ball Head Camera Video Photo Tripod with Quick Release Plate and Carry Bag