Friday, December 02, 2011

Shut Up Fool Awards-Championship Weekend Edition

It's the first Saturday weekend in December, and that means it's Championship Saturday.   The title games for the Big Ten, Pac-12, SEC, MAC and ACC are all happening tonight or tomorrow. 

The one I'll be most focused on will be taking place just a few miles up the road from me at Robertson Stadium.  It's the C-USA title matchup at 11 AM CST between my number 8 BCS ranked C-USA West Division Champion University of Houston Cougars and the number 24 BCS ranked C-USA East Division Champion Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles.

Eat 'em up Cougars!

Okay, now that I've gotten my gratuitous shout out to my favorite collegiate footballers out of the way, time to segue to the championship level stupidity that the Shut Up Fool Awards seeks to ferret out on a weekly basis.  I'm also looking for nominations for the 2011 Shut Up Fool! of the Year Award which I will announce on New Years Eve in plenty of time for you peeps to get your party on.

Okay, this week's nominees for the Shut Up Fool Award were the group nominations for the Republican Party and Fox Noise, Gov Chris Christie (R-NJ), Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI), Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, Gov Rick Perry (R-TX) and Herman Cain.

This week's runaway winner is retiring Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA)  No sooner had I chilled and wrote the post noting his contentious 32 years in Congress did he show his transphobic azz in a Washington
DC MetroWeekly interview that mentions ENDA  

It's blown up in the comment threads at the Project

Regarding ENDA, specifically, he said, "There were two problems. First of all, there was a crowded agenda. ... And then there was this issue of transgender inclusion. My own state of Massachusetts ... showed a way to break thorough that. Now, I might get an argument with some of my allies and friends here about the dimensions of that. The Massachusetts legislation just passed and the governor signed a bill that prohibits discrimination against people based on gender identity -- they already had one about sexual orientation -- but it's about employment, it does not include public accommodations. It avoids the whole issue of what happens in locker rooms and bathrooms."

He concluded: "The next time we have a Democratic president, House and Senate, I think you could get that type of Massachusetts bill through."
As I said in the comment thread on that post, "No way in Hades do I want that unjust abomination of a trans rights bill in Massachusetts replicated on a national level."

And I'm beyond sick and tired of your fixation on bathrooms when there have been far more gay and ostensibly straight men caught engaged in inappropriate behavior in showers and bathrooms than you and the loud and wrong radical lesbian separatists accuse transpeople of.  

And weren't two of those men caught in inappropriate bathroom behavior former Congressional colleagues of yours?  

Can't wait until January 3, 2013 gets here and you are no longer a liberal trans oppressor blocking the advancement of trans human rights in Congress.

Rep. Barney Frank, shut the HELL up fool!



No comments: