Monday, October 03, 2011

Happy Birthday Rev Al!

Since I've been giving birthday and wedding anniversary shoutouts on the blog over the last few days, couldn't let today pass without noting today is also the 57th birthday of the Rev. Al Sharpton, one of our community's longtime civil rights warriors. .  

I love this man who is an outspoken truth teller.  He's hated by conservafools because he unapologetically stands up for the African American community and calls them out on their BS.

And he's one of the role models for the TransGriot in terms of being unapologetically Black and speaking my truth as well when it comes to the issues in the rainbow community that affect my fellow trans people, bi and SGL people here locally, in the state of Texas, nationally and across the Diaspora and the world.
.   
The beautiful part is in addition to his radio show that I get to listen to on Sundays, I now get to see him on Monday-Friday on his MSNBC show PoliticsNation at 5 PM CT.  I have the pleasure of watching Rev. Al break it down about the issues of the day from an African-American perspective.




Happy birthday Rev. Al!  Keep speaking truth to power, tellin' it like it T-I-S is and may you be blessed with many more birthdays to come.



No comments: