Thursday, September 22, 2011

Troy Davis Executed

Troy Davis was executed last night despite pleas for clemency from a long list of people on both sides of the issue at 11:08 PM ET

I found out it happened after I arrived back to my undisclosed NW Washington DC location..

I'm still bummed about it and in hard solid thinking mode about this possible travesty of justice, but this is the point I want people to think about that bears repeating from yesterday's post.


The fact is, no physical evidence connected Davis to the murder of Office MacPhail. Seven of the original nine witnesses have recanted, with many saying their testimony was a result of law enforcement pressure. Of the remaining witnesses, one is highly suspect and the other could be the actual culprit in the officer's murder.

I fear another innocent man was just executed, and what disturbs me is that there was no physical evidence tying him to the crime

No comments: