Monday, September 26, 2011

Headed Back To Houston

The 2011  OUT on the Hill has concluded for this year along with the CBCF-ALC event, and I'm taking some wonderful experiences, a reenergized sense of purpose, the glow of finally meeting some of the people I've been either talking to on the phone or chatting with for several years now and a lot of extra business cards with me on the return trip home from Washington DC..

And hopefully I made a few new friends along the way as well.


I also want to thank my gracious hosts Denise and Jeri for offering me their home to crash at while I was in our nation's capitol.   Enjoyed the thought provoking conversations that we engaged in while I was there.

I have a lot to do and think about, but the goals remains the same.  It's past time for my people inside and outside the TBLG community to recognize that we are human beings with civil and human rights.

The other thing we transpeople of African descent must do is love ourselves before we can tackle the systemic ills and isms that retard our progress.

Well, that's something I'll have to think about on the plane ride back to the Lone Star State.

No comments: