Friday, August 26, 2011

Haters Gonna Hate

Comedian Katt Williams spoke some truth here.  

So what she/he keeps talking about you and hating on you. What do you think a hater's job is...to hate. If you have someone hating on you right now you better think of how to get five more people hating by Christmas. You need haters to make you stronger..without haters most people wouldn't try to become better. Just tell them b***h you just hate me because you can't be me.' 

 Well, I have a one line sentence that encapsulates the same thing to my haters.   .  

'You hate me because you wanna emulate me.'


And to paraphrase President Franklin Delano Roosevelt,  I welcome your hatred. 

It lets me know I'm on the right track in doing what I need to do.  It lets me know that you're 'scurred' of me for whatever reason in your minds. It lets me know that you are so bothered by the fact that I am speaking my truth, uplifting a longtime downtrodden community and fear me doing my part to get Black transpeople to see themselves in a positive light.

When I'm getting inspiring e-mail from people around the country and the world telling me they appreciate what I do, a post I wrote inspired them, or a post I wrote dissuaded them from committing suicide, that means more to me than any sniping or derogatory commentary you haters can come up with.

But haters gonna hate   Take a number and step in that long line of people that wanna spout vitriol at award winning Moni with the award winning blog 'nobody reads'.   


All you're doing is talking loud and saying nothing while I empower, educate and enunciate my thoughts as to how we make the trans community better, the TBLG community better, and the nation and the world better..
 

On that note, I wasted enough bandwith on y'all.   Time to do as Dr. King called it,  some more hard, solid thinking and writing on subjects that matter.

No comments: