Friday, July 01, 2011

Happy 144th Birthday Canada!

It's Canada Day for my north of the border readers, who are getting their party and drink on in celebration of their nation coming into existence as a result of the British North America Act on July 1, 1867.

Some of my Canadian friends would rather be celebrating it without the Sweater Vest as prime minister, but alas, they're stuck with him and his Conservative government until 2015.

Moving on.  I help celebrate it by doing Canada themed posts because I not only have a lot of readers north of the 49th parallel  but much love for the country as well. 

Happy birthday to our northern neighbors!   They are our largest trading partner, a nation we share the world's longest undefended border with, and one we share many close cultural ties with as well.




And one I want to visit soon because Timmy's is calling.. 





No comments: