Monday, February 28, 2011

Glad I Wasn't Watching The Oscars Last Night

The 83rd Oscar ceremony was televised last night.   I kept myself busy with other productive uses of my time besides watching that melanin free awards telecast.

After talking to Renee of Womanist Musings last night, glad I did. 

Seriously, a tribute to Gone With The Wind on a night in which African Americans were already pissed about having no Black actors, actresses or even behind the camera personnel nominated for Oscars?

Then you add insult to injury with a half azzed tribute to Lena Horne, one of our beloved performers and civil rights icons?
 

No wonder there's such crappy movie selections at the local multiplex these days.

And I'd love to see a Black themed movie that didn't involve 21st century coonery on the screen.   Spike?  John Singleton?  Hudlin brothers?  Robert Townsend? 

Just hope Oscars 2012 is kinder to actors of color in Hollywood.     But then again I won't be holding my breath on that one.
.

No comments: