Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Congratulations Sandy

I've posted a video from Baltimore's Sandy Rawls back in November with her vocalizing her thoughts about building a better trans community.  I've had the pleasure and the opportunity to IM chat with her and trade e-mail with her since then and hope to have her doing one of my Ten Questions interviews in the near future.

I'm looking forward to finally meeting her one of these days as well the next time my travels take me to her East Coast neck of the woods.

I wanted to take a moment to congratulate Sandy on picking up a James Baldwin Award earlier this month for her work on behalf of the rainbow community in the Baltimore area.

Congratulations Sandy!   Thank you for everything you do and being another one of the leaders our trans people can look up to and draw strength from.



No comments: