Saturday, January 01, 2011

Moni's 2010 New Year Resolution Review-How Did I Do?

I posted my 2010 New Year's Resolutions for all of cyberspace to see back on January 1.   I know you're dying to see how well I did in living up to those goals.



*I want to get down to 210 pounds from the 228 I'm at as of January 1, 2010. Have to work off the extra weight I picked up when I went back to Houston and got spoiled rotten for Christmas. 

As of 12:01 AM January 1, 2011  I now weigh 185 pounds, even with the grubbing I did during the 2010 holidays.      

*I want to publish one of my fiction writing manuscripts by January 2011

Didn't happen this year.   But will still keep trying.  And a certain Canadian is going to be putting her foot up my behind to help me make it happen

*I will set aside time to do fiction writing and complete the trans themed manuscript I've been working on.


I did far more nonfiction writing than I did fiction specific writing as the rising monthly triple digit post counts on TransGriot attest to.  I did get the ending chapter of that trans themed novel done, but still have a few more to go to finish it.  I'm also trying to figure out the fates of a few characters in it.
.
*In doing my part for the African American Transsisterhood Initiative, I am going to get to know 10 transwomen I don't currently talk to on a regular basis.

This is one of those resolutions that got disrupted by my move.   There was still some progress made in talking to Ashley Love, Paris Pinkerton, Pamela Hayes,  Toni D'orsay, Sharyn Grayson, Diamond Stylz ...but can and must do better ,



*I will continue to work on evolving into the quality Black woman I want to be and strive to take and make more quality time for myself.


Inconclusive on that one.   Lost the weight.   The quality time one didn't do a good job on.  Will have to get the opinion of my sistah friends on how well I held up my end of the bargain in the 2K10 


*I will make five new friends before the end of the year.


Trystan Dean,  Jasmina Andino, Nikki Araguz (yes that Nikki), Ambi Williams, Jo Jo, Lowell Kane .....    Overacheived on this one.    That's a good thing.

*I will get to know and have regular conversations with ten international trans people


Marsha and Lindsay in Kenya,  Sass and Naomi in the Philippines, Eduarda and Lara in Portugal.   Zoe in Australia  Fell three short of my goal     Can (and will) do better 

*I will do a better job of staying in contact with family members and the friends I already have in my life.

This one was mixed bag one as well.  The move to Houston made it easier for me to reestablish contact with my old friends here, but has made it more difficult to stay in contact with the Louisville ones as I tread toward 'out of sight, out of mind' territory up there.

Okay...that's the 2010 ones and how well I did in living up to them. Stay tuned for the 2011 resolutions later.





No comments: