Friday, December 31, 2010

See Ya 2010

2010 was definitely an interesting year for me.   I started it in Louisville and I'm about to end it by ushering in the New Year in my birth state and hometown.

Change was definitely the theme for my life this year.   In addition to the move from Kentucky, I've dropped 60 excess pounds, won the 'Most Changed Award' at my reunion back in October for it, and have spent the last few months getting adjusted to life in H-town since I came back and all the changes that have occurred here since I left.

I've also watched as we seem to take one step forward trans rights wide and then get sacked for losses by the Forces of Intolerance inside and outside our TBLG/SGL community.

But as the end of the first year in the second decade of the 21st century comes to a close, hope springs eternal with the flip of the calendar page from December 31 to January  that it will get better for me and my transpeeps around the world..

As the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr once said, "We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope."
   
And the hope it will get better is what I have and other transpeople cling to and use as the bedrock of our prayers and determination to make a reality trans civil rights coverage.

We also wish to see the day happen when we receive unconditional love and acceptance in our blood families and we are able to use our talents and abilities to improve the communities and the nations that we inhabit. 

Happy New Year TransGriot readers.   Have fun tonight, stay safe and see you in 2011.




No comments: