Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Live A Life Of Service

TransGriot Note: Guest post from Rev. Joshua Holiday 


Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. exemplified what it means to serve others.  He led a movement that opened doors for many people who had been denied basic freedoms.  We consider Dr. King to wisdom to be one of the world's greatest citizens.  He is quoted as saying, "Everybody can be great because anybody can serve.  You don't have to have a college degree to serve.  You only need a heart full of grace.  A soul generated by love."  We honor Dr. King because of his service to humanity.

Today, my heart is full of grace and my soul is generated by love as I make the decision to serve others.  I follow the footsteps of all who have made a difference in the lives of others.  I recognize that I can share my gifts, talents and resources to serve others.

Thank you, Life-in me, through me, as me, around me, in the name of Jesus the Christ.  And so it is.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, by means of reasonable services."  Romans 12:1 (Lamsa's Aramaic Translation)

No comments: