Tuesday, August 03, 2010

It Hit 38 Degrees In Houston!

38 degrees Celsius that is.

That translates for you metrically challenged folks to 100 degrees on the Fahrenheit scale.

August tends to be the hottest month of a Houston summer, and the first two days of this one didn't deviate from the climate script. We cracked the 100 degree mark for the first time this summer on August 1 and 2.

If I have stuff to do, I try to take care of it in the AM before the heat of the day builds up.

Dealing with the heat, humidity and hurricane season is the regional price we pay for living in the Houston metro area and partaking of all the pluses of living here.

I'm only 30 minutes from the Gulf, have a wide array of cultural attractions and entertainment options to choose from, and an alleged major league professional baseball team that's officially in rebuilding mode.

Shouldn't be hating on the Astros that much. They have won six straight games since trading Roy Oswalt and Lance Berkman for prospects.

The temperature is only supposed to hit 98 (36 Celsius) today, and cool down to 94 (34 Celsius) by Friday and this weekend's monthly TG Social and BBQ at the Houston TG center.

So I'm chilling under the air conditioning until it cools off later in the day, writing, and happily scarfing up Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream.

But only in pint size doses and not the half gallon I'm fiending for. I still have a 30 year class reunion in October I want to remain in diva mode for and a killer size 12 dress I want to rock at the formal dinner.

No comments: