Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Will There Be Any Black Trans People At This Year's White House LGBT Reception?

Various leaders in the TBLG community are have begun receiving mailed invitation for a 5 PM EDT LGBT reception being held June 22 at the White House.

If you did receive it, congrats. As for the TransGriot, I have a better chance of receiving a visit from the Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol than receiving a White House invite since I've been slimed by the NCTE derriere kissing crew as a 'violent racist' and an 'uppity n****r'.

If it did show up in my mailbox, I'd probably fall over in shock.

President Obama said in his May 28 proclamation declaring this GLBT Pride Month 'our Nation draws its strength from our diversity,”

That's a lesson often lost on the GL community, especially when it comes to events like this. I'm willing to bet that when this event kicks off, there will not be one African descended transperson in the house our ancestors built.

I predict it will be an event in which once again, African American transpeople will be denied the opportunity to meet a president our votes, sweat equity and money helped put in that office.

And I'm not happy about it.

The TransGriot is definitely interested in finding out who did get invites to this event, and just how diverse it will be.

Judging from the melanin deficient one last year, I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: