Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's Texas High School Football Playoff Time! Go Falcons!

I'm not bragging when I say that best high school football in the nation is played in Texas. If you think I'm kidding, peruse the lineup of your local college or professional football teams and note the number of players born in Texas that populate the rosters.

I'm engaged in this latest bout of Lone Star bragging because my high school alma mater is fresh off their second consecutive undefeated district season and has won their third consecutive District 22-4A football championship.

My Falcons start their Class 4A-Division 2 playoff quest by taking on the Sharpstown Apollos tonight.

Best of luck to my Falcons as they seek to go where no Jesse H. Jones team has gone before, the state title game.

No comments: