Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blog Donate Buttons

One of the things I didn't put on this site for a long time on this blog was a DONATE button in my sidebar.

I wasn't really concerned about it even though I saw sites much larger than my own not only put them on their blogs, but in some cases aggressively solicit donations to it.

One thing that changed my thinking on it in addition to a certain Canadian blogger pointing out that fact about blogs larger than mine having them in a phone conversation one evening was visiting Pat Buchanan's blog.

I surfed over there to read his 'Brief For Whitey post and noted that his blog had a DONATE button on it. This is a man who makes ten times the money I do, but has a DONATE button Thirty minutes later I had one on my sidebar as well.

A goal of mine is to eventually get to the point where I can write full time and get paid for it.

I'm also thinking about future expansion. I'm weighing the pros and cons of moving to my own server. People have asked for transcripts for videos. Unlike some blogs that have a team of people to split the writing chores, it's moi wearing a lot of hats as editor in chief/correspondent/researcher/writer. I'd have to hire someone to produce that transcript.

Basically, it's there so that if you really like a post or feel moved enough to support what TransGriot does, you have the opportunity to drop a dollar (or two or three) if you wish.

Thanks to those of you if you choose to do so

No comments: