Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Got E-Mail!

From time to time I get e-mail about some of the 1,800 plus posts here at TransGriot that have touched you in one way or the other.

Whether it's thanking me for tellin' it like it T-I-S is about one issue or another, just dropping me a line, inquiring about my availability to speak or sometimes asking me for advice on on trans related topic or another, I read them and try to respond to them in a timely fashion.

I get anywhere from 50-200 e-mails a day, so please be patient. If I don't respond as expeditiously as you'd like, bear with me. I stay busy between work, board meetings, living my life and compiling posts for you to peruse here.

Every now and then I get one that makes me smile and reaffirms why I started this blog in the first place.

Two years ago I was moved to write a tribute post to an old friend of mine on the occasion of her birthday who passed away far too soon.

A few days ago I received a comment from her husband Kenneth. He advised me that his daughter had been surfing the Net and found the post I'd written.

He thanked me for my kind words about his late wife.

You're welcome Kenneth. Monica was a classy, wonderful person. The world is poorer because she no longer is here to brighten up any of our days, use her God-given talents to heal the sick and teach our future physicians.

E-mails like this remind me of how widely read TransGriot is. Every time I feel like a lonely voice in the cyberwilderness and that no ones paying attention to what I have to say, I get a 'no you're not' reminder of just how silly that thought was.

Just clicking on my hit counter should tell me otherwise, but hey, I'm human.

The e-mail and comments you send let me know how much you dear readers appreciate what I write.

And for those of you who send the hate mail that I delete, y'all keep me motivated to continue speaking truth to power.

No comments: